Welcome

Welcome to my blog! This blog is dedicated to blogging about my art, my struggles as I try to become a regularly working artist, and useful information and tips that I learn along the way. My hope is that this blog can become a resource for other emerging artists; a combination of empathy and useful resources to help them through the beginning of their career.

www.ElisabethMcCamish.com

Click on this image to see more of my artwork!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Why I Am Yet Another Blogger

Why am I blogging? 

I don't really feel like I have a lot to say. I've always thought that what I do have to say is really expressed best in my drawings. There is a reason I'm a visual artist and not a writer. I hate to write about my art; it is always a struggle. Why would I write about something that I can only express visually? When I do bother to write my grammar and punctuation is awful, and I often find myself having anxiety attacks over the proper use of a comma. 

This sounds miserable. Why I am I doing this to myself?

Oh yes. I'm writing because all of the women artists I admire have written in some way. They've written in journals, letters, or have even published their writings. They've written in a way that was acceptable for their day.  What they've written not only helps people to understand their artwork, but just as importantly, it helps encourage other artists. Their writings tied them to a community of artists.


So, I will write in a form that is acceptable for my day. I will write to help myself better understand my art, to explain why I do what I do, and to maybe encourage other emerging artists by helping them to see that they are not alone in their struggles. Who knows, maybe  my little blog will help tie me to a community of artists. 

 At the very least, this blog will amuse me, and maybe you. Just don't tell me about my comma problems. It wouldn't be polite.

 Curious about what my art looks like? www.elisabethmitchell.com



 

No comments:

Post a Comment